Airports Council International (ACI) has launched two new Airport Service Quality (ASQ) tools to help Member airports measure, benchmark and promote customer service excellence: the Employee Survey for Customer Experience (ECE) and the ASQ Arrivals Survey.
Both tools are add-ons to the existing ASQ programme that focuses on the experience of departing passengers. The ASQ programme is designed for airports that seek to measure their own passenger service performance, monitor it over time and in conjunction with facility and service changes and to benchmark it against comparable or model airports. It is the only worldwide programme to survey passengers at the airport on their day of travel, delivering some 600,000 individual surveys in 41 languages in 84 countries.
Like the ASQ Departures Survey, the ASQ Arrivals Survey gives airports the tools they need to improve their passenger service initiatives and the flexibility to adapt the programme through optional services, such as, analysis by terminal, comprehensive insight report and customized extra questions. The ASQ Arrivals Survey provides the full picture needed to enhance service levels everywhere in the airport, delivering valuable insights on:
- baggage reclaim;
- infrastructure and services; and,
- passenger profiles.
In addition, airports have learned that to provide customer experience excellence, the entire airport community must be involved. As such, ACI has developed the ECE and the ECE toolkit to support Member airports in assessing and improving their engagement with all staff working in an airport. The ECE is an annual internal diagnostic designed to:
- understand the level of commitment of airport staff to achieve the common goal of improving the customer experience;
- provide a global index structured around 3 determinants, 10 components and 73 questions;
- assess whether airport stakeholders collectively have the desire, ability and determination to deliver an outstanding customer experience;
- help airports prioritize areas of improvement and to support development of an action plan toward the enhancement of the overall customer experience; and,
- allow airports to benchmark their customer experience initiatives and share best practices with other participating airports.
ACI encourages all airports to take advantage of the ASQ programme and its new tools to ultimately improve employee satisfaction; the passenger experience; and revenue growth, as well as raise the customer service bar across the industry.
Learn more on how to order the Employee Survey for Customer Experience at: www.aci.aero/ECE